Saturday, January 19, 2008

Shai covers


I have a bunch of Shai covers in my collection. These are first day covers with a rubber stamp saying Shai, or gift, and sometimes with an JNF stamp attached to the cover as well. I assume these were given away to contributors in some fashion, but have not seen anything that says who they were given to, or how many were given out per issue. For some issues, I have multiple different Shai covers, mostly from the JNF, but also a few from other groups such as the Judaica Society of Collectors, or the Army Welfare Committee. Looks like I have about 200 different Shai covers in my collection. Since there is no telling how many different covers exist, I don't have any way to generate a want list. I can just compare ones I see against the ones I have. It is a bit of a pain to do it this way, but it is the best I can come up with. Any suggestions?

No comments: