Monday, February 25, 2008

Plate blocks





















I started going through a few plate block collections I bought this weekend. I am trying to get an idea of what I have, and what I am missing. I found this is much more difficult than I thought. Take this issue, for example. According to my Bale catalog, there is just a single plate block of 4 listed for this. I was able to find 4 distinct varieties, one with fully perforated margins, 1 with fully imperf margins, and 1 each vertically and horizontally perforated margins. Is this the case for all issues? Is there a catalog, or some other source, that lists all the varieties available for each issue? The only other source I know of is the Wallach definitive specialized catalog, but it doesn't list issues like this one.









No comments: