Monday, March 17, 2008

More plateblocks


I am still in the process of going through the plateblocks in my collection. I have gone through 1959, and found some interesting things. I have lots of duplicates, and lots of varieties. Some of the varieties are listed, some not. For example, I have some plateblocks with wide margins, and some with narrow margins for the same issue.
For listed varieties, I found that for the first airmail issue (C1-6), I have 15 of the 26 listed plate numbers. I am looking for C2 plate numbers 2, 5 and 6. C3 plate numbers 2, 3, 4, and 5. And C6 plate numbers 3, 4, 5, and 6. Bale catalog also lists cyclometer numbers over 150,000 as later printings. For these, I have just plate #1 of C2. I am not sure if all 26 plate blocks (C1 and C5 apparently are only with plate #1) were reprinted later, or if there were only select ones reprinted. Bale is lacking in details.

No comments: