Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Generic Sheet Listing, Part 5





The next set of sheets were first issued for the WSC Israel 2008 show. There were 2 separate flower sheets, the White Rose and the Red Cyclamen. Both sheets were printed on January 30th, 2008, with a price of 27 NIS. I did not see them listed in the bulletins I have. The first day of issue was May 14, 2008, which I believe was the first day of the show. The personalized examples I have show the same printing date, but are missing the price info, instead having the admin information printed under the picture.




The second printing is for the White Rose sheet only. It was printed on October 7th, 2008, and offered in bulletin #37. This one shows the price of 37 NIS. The sheet was issued on October 30th, 2008. According to the bulletin, it was issued to mark the first anniversary of the death of Yisrael (Poli) Poliyakov. He was part of the HaGashash HaHiver trio. I believe they were comics, but that is purely a guess.

Both sheets were reprinted on January 21st, 2009. I have seen several of these for sale, but none yet at a reasonable price. If anyone has some extras, please let me know.

The Red Cyclamen stamp was reprinted on July 26th, 2010 for the My first Hebrew Calendar sheet. This was offered in Bulletin 46, and has a 38 NIS price listed on the sheet. First day for this sheet was August 1st, 2010.
To date, as far as I know, there are only these 3 printings of each of these sheets. One other thing to note is that these sheets are supposedly scented, although I am not sure if they are (or were).

1 comment:

Mark Goldsmith said...

I believe that only the sheets of 25 were scented, not the personalized my stamp sheets.