Thursday, December 23, 2010

Just when you thought it was done...


Another new generic sheet popped up on E-bay today. This one is a May 25th 2010 printing of the blue and white stamp. I have seen 2 different versions, the one pictured here with the Jonah and the Whale coin, and another with a Menachem Begin coin. Both are from ICMC (Israel Coins and Medals Corp), and both with a 38 NIS sheet price. They are listed on E-bay for $99 each. I have not yet seen this date offered elsewhere, but I am looking. At the $99 price, I won't be adding them to my collection. I have added this to my catalog listing as GEN11.10.

4 comments:

Tiffany Jewelry said...

Collecting stamps must be great fun.

Ethan said...

I apologize that this is unrelated to the current post. I just started collecting Israeli stamps and enjoy the blog very much. I noted that you use White Ace, what mounts do you use? Is there somewhere I can go to see what size each stamp is so I know what size mount to get for each? Thanks! (etan_finkATyahooDOTcom)

Mark Goldsmith said...

Adam, there is a third one on Ebay for the Tower of David coins. The print date is 25.5.2010 with an issue date of May 12, 2010. Interesting how they accomplished an issue date prior to the print date.

Yossile said...

There are 3 issues so far from the ICMC. All are limited editions (number issued is in parenthesis) - "Jonah in the Whale" (555), "Menachem Begin" (888) and "The First Israeli Bullion" (3600).
They are being sold in ICMC stores for 400NIS each.