Wednesday, November 26, 2008

APS Sales Circuits

Since I joined the APS to save money on stamp insurance, I have signed up to receive sales circuits for Israel, Egypt, Jordan, and Palestine stamps. Last week, I received my first shipment of approval books. There were 5 books in the set. Only 1 of the books really had anything interesting to me. It was a complete book of Israel revenues. I purchased about 35 stamps from this book, for a total cost of ~$45 (+$10 in postage to send the circuit back to them). My purchases included 2 radio License stamps, a couple of Kofer Hayashu issues, about 2 pages of Tel Aviv Municipal revenues, and 1 page of Palestine revenues. Many of the revenue stamps were priced under $1 (some as low as $0.07!). I had not previously collected municipal revenues, but I couldn't pass them up. I have seen them go on E-bay for $5-10 each, when they are listed.

No comments: