Friday, November 2, 2007

Update

The Negev Camel FDC I posted a few days ago is apparently frequently counterfeited. There was a write up about it in the SIP journal I received this week. Luckily, Sid Morginstin took a closer look at the scan I posted (I actually sent him a higher resolution image to look at as well), and he says it appears genuine as far as he can tell. Of course, he didn't see the actual cover, just the scan, so it is a best effort estimate, not an expertization, but it is reassuring regardless. I saw this same cover up on eBay today, with a start price of $250 and a buy it now price of $400. I am watching the auction to see what ends up happening. The cover on e-bay does have a cert with it, so it is worth a bit more than mine, but it will give me an idea of what it is worth.

No comments: